posted Aug 13, 2015, 11:54 AM by Web Master
updated Aug 22, 2016, 10:58 AM
Prairie Grove Community School District 46 Board of Education is in the process of moving toward the appointment of an individual to serve on the board to complete the term of Mr. Rick Salvo, who resigned his position on August 12, 2015. The individual selected will serve out Mr. Salvo’s term ending April 2017. We acknowledge Mr. Salvo’s resignation and wish him nothing but the best moving forward.
Interested individuals wishing to be considered for the position are urged to send a one-page resume outlining their career. Candidates are also asked to submit a written response of no more than a total of 500 words responding to the following questions:
The short resume and written responses should be mailed or emailed to Joan McAvoy, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, at email@example.com or sent to 3223 IL 176, Crystal Lake, IL 60014. Materials should arrive at the district office no later than Friday, August 28, 2015. Upon receipt, all materials will be shared with the D46 board members. “After reviewing the applications, the Board may invite the prospective candidates for interviews” (Board Policy 2:70).
- What do you believe to be the most pressing challenge for the D46 board and what ideas/strengths would you bring to the board if appointed?
- Additionally, what do you feel is a particular strength of the District, and if selected, how would you prepare for the position?
The Board intends to meet in Closed Session on Tuesday, September 8, 2015, to discuss and/may interview candidates. The successful candidate will be expected to attend the regular Board meeting that evening, which will begin at 7 p.m. where an official vote will be taken and the new member sworn into Office.
Guidelines for qualifications for potential board members are as follows:
If you have any questions about the process or requirements, please feel free to direct your questions to Dr. Phil Bender, School Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 815-444-4335.
- Be a US citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment
- Be a registered voter
- NOT be a child sex offender
- Not hold another incompatible public office
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District
- Not be a school trustee
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment