posted Aug 26, 2013, 10:14 AM by Web Master
updated Aug 11, 2014, 11:11 AM
Dear PG Parent,
The beginning of the school year has been fabulous and we just wanted to provide you with some information below. I have tried to break up the information in three parts, K-8 (all students), 6-8 (Junior High only) and K-5 (Elementary only).
- Supplemental Insurance
Coat a Kid
Attached you will find student accident enrollment instructions for a voluntary 24 hour accident and dental coverage.
As was done last year, there are no brochures and the enrollment can be completed online by interested parents for this important voluntary coverage.
- Attached you will find information on this wonderful program.
- All K-8 students are required to turn in the Parent Student Handbook Acknowledgment Form as soon as possible. It can be found at the back of the Handbook.
- Please understand that when checking your student out at the front office you will be asked to show identification.
- We do not allow parents to eat in either lunchroom with their child. If you'd like to have lunch with your child, please send a note saying what time you will pick them up and return them before their next class begins.
- Prairie Grove SD 46 has created a Virtual Backpack Link. The Virtual Backpack contains documents, flyers, and other information from non-profits and other community organizations. Please access the link below:
- Virtual Backpack Link
- Junior High Curriculum Night
Please reinforce with your child to listen to our morning announcements for important information throughout the year. Parents can view the announcements by logging into PowerSchool for Parents.If you need to bring an item to your child during the day, you may leave it with the secretaries in the office. The Jr. High secretary will write your child's name on the white board for items brought in before 8:30. Otherwise, students names will be called out at lunch to come to the office to collect their item, or for items brought after lunch time, students will be called down at study hall.When returning your child to school after a medical/dental appointment, please bring a note or receipt from that appointment so the absence can be excused.If your child will not be taking their regular bus home, they will require a note from their parent or guardian. Also, please have your child bring a note to the office at the beginning of the day in order to have your child ready to be picked up.PowerSchool for Parents (on the JH side) has been turned back on. If you have previously signed into PowerSchool for Parents, the ID and password you created should have remained the same. If you are new to PowerSchool for Parents, a brochure with initial access information was included in your child's folder they received at the Meet the Teacher Day or on the first day of school. If you need help, please call Mrs. Trevithick in the Jr. High office.
- Attached you will find an invitation and a schedule for this Thursday's JH Curriculum Night for 6th - 8th Grade! We look forward to seeing you there.
- Elementary Curriculum Night for 1st - 3rd grades is September 5th from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Elementary Curriculum Night for 4th & 5th grades is September 4th from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Students riding different buses or requiring pickup passes should bring in a note from home. Phone calls to school requiring bus changes or pickup passes need to be made no later than 2:30 p.m.
Vic WightPrincipalPrairie Grove Schools815-444-4343